Friday, August 23, 2019

Week one: Theme choice explanation

I'll admit, my experience with blogging is extremely limited (none actually) so it took me some time searching the web to figure out what I was doing. I chose the travel theme based off the title alone because I really enjoy traveling and it was really the only one that stuck out to me. The theme is very simple and easy to navigate, which I enjoy because i'm trying to figure this all out and it makes it much easier for me.
I am taking this class because I am currently a barber and we rely a lot on social media, especially instagram to help promote our work and gain new clientele. I currently have an instagram that is just for my barbering photos and facebook that I really use. Even though i don't use it often, I feel fairly comfortable using social media but i hope this class will give me some tips and tricks to help promote my work a little more efficiently.
Like I said before, i really enjoy traveling. Almost every weekend I jump on my motorcycle and try to make it to a new restaurant, bar, hike, swimming hole, lake or even a new road that i haven't been to before. Any time i get a long weekend or more, i try to travel to a new location and i feel a blog like this could be a great way for me to share my experiences.

5 comments:

  1. I find a lot of comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one whose new to this! So far I think you're doing a great job! Your blog looks really nice and I'm excited to see posts about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    Great post! I agree whole heartedly, the travel theme is super navigable and simple on the user/designer. Besides that, it was great hearing more about your reasons for taking the course, not to mention your passion for traveling.

    Keep killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For your first attempt at a blog, I like it. The old timey feel, with the funky phone- well, to me a Barber has a sense of nostalgia, a history in it's trade. I think it's very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christopher,
    I enjoy the travel theme you chose, and almost chose it for myself! Traveling is something almost everyone enjoys, and I feel this theme evokes a sense of relaxation and enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christopher,
    this theme is a pretty sweet backdrop to the blog. It gives it some contextualization and fits with the overall tone and admiration for traveling you have

    ReplyDelete